Finally, times are now gone, trying to connect your phone to the tiny adapter head, hard to locate within the dark compartment.
We own a Tesla as well and got really annoyed by that issue. We also love the convenient way of wireless charging. So we developed an upgrade solution for the existing factory dock. Go wireless now! Our kit
- works with all mobile phones with Qi- Wireless charging chip, including iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- easy to install - no holes to drill
- 3 coil Qi certified charging pad
- uses internal TESLA usb port, 5V, 1.5A
- works with most cases, no need to adjust
- side pads to keep phone in place during abrupt driving maneuvers
This upgrade kit requires the factory center console (standard in model x and for model S since 2016) and the install of the factory docking solution
The kit contains the wireless pad, a micro-usb connection cable, two self adhesive side pads which fit to the brackets no. 3 and no.4 (required) of the factory docking solution. You just need a little phillips screwdriver for installation. In average, installation takes 5-10 minutes.
Here is the installation video: